Senior Game Engine Engineer, Ubiquity6, San Francisco, CA, 04/2019 - Present
- Added and improved features of the Ubiquity6 game engine.
- Improved AR post process pipeline to generate game ready assets.
Staff Software / Game Engineer, Lumos Labs, San Francisco, CA, 08/2012 - 03/2019
- Designed and built from ground up original Lumosity iOS app using a mix of Objective-C and C++. App was based on OpenFramework and had capability to import layouts and animations created in Flash.
- Designed and developed games that adhere to Lumosity science and UX requirements.
- Designed and implemented a system to deliver game builds (code and assets) into the app straight from CocosCreator editor in under 2 min, which replaced previous integrated build process that would take longer than 30 minutes per platform.
- Oversaw hiring and mentoring of interns for the games team. (50% of interns were hired as full time employees)
- Redesigned numerous web games for the mobile format.
- Integrated Cocos2d-x game engine into mobile apps.
- Ported original / native / web games to Cocos2D game engine and built out support for build delivery via Jenkins and NPM.
- Integrated Unity into our mobile app (primarily iOS) alongside with Cocos2d-x game engine. To my knowledge this is the only project where native code coexists with Cocos2D engine and Unity game engine.
- Maintained and evolved the iOS app. Updated in app C++ from 9 to 11. Updated OpenFramework to work with C++ 11.
- Spearheaded a standalone project that incorporated Lumosity games into a large meta game which was created in Unity with NodeJS server side. As part of the project, added simple multiplayer support for existing Lumosity Cocos2d games. These Cocos2D games ran inside Unity game engine.
- Build out infrastructure to support development in Unity that included creating robust build scripts for iOS and Android, Jenkins integration, code / data separation.
- Pioneered transition of game development pipeline to CocosCreator and helped build out support for one-tech solution that allows game engineers to deploy to web and mobile from a single code base.
- Created a standalone Unity app that allows our offsite content creators generate Mindfullness sessions, upload data (text, images, audio, video, etc) to a server, and then deliver this data to one of the in-house specialists.
- Worked with designers and graphic artists to modernize existing games.
Software Engineer, Recommind, San Francisco, CA, 07/2010 - 08/2012
- Improved client satisfaction by implementing various performance tweaks and features in the Search application
- Increased customer adoption of a core product by adding i18n features to the Search application
- Grew product line and feature set by integrating core products with Sharepoint via data connector and content management webparts
- Increased document crawling and data ingestion speeds of distributed processes by optimizing workflows, improving memory usage, introducing batch & non-blocking algorithms
- Improved stability of Search application and Sharepoint connector by expanding autotest framework
QA Tools Developer, Namco Bandai Games, Santa Clara, CA, 02/2009 - 07/2010
- Improved company`s communication and file management by creating internal portal to centralize data between offices in North America, Japan and Europe with focus on i18n using Java EE, JSF, Rich Faces and AJAX
- Helped to streamline and improve QA processes by creating tools for the QA team using C# or Python
- Increased bug discovery rate and reduced regression time by providing automated frameworks, based on platform SDKs, for the QA team to test video games for Xbox 360, PS3 and Nintendo Wii
- Helped the team to stay on top of issues by setting up, improving and maintaining Test Track Pro, Filemaker and Bugzilla bug tracking servers, including code changes to Bugzilla`s source code and designing bug flows.
Video Game / Software Engineer, Chronic Logic LLC, Santa Cruz, CA, 02/2006 - 02/2009
- Designed and implemented modules for SnowBear and Conflict: Denied Ops source code bases to add support for input and force feedback to Novint Falcon device
- Redesigned and implemented Novint Falcon support for World of Warcraft using LUA for the game mod and C++ for standalone application
- Expanded project features by customizing and introducing new features to the Torque Game Engine C++ source code and TorqueScript script-side